Crostoni di zucchine, pomodori e scamorza
Serves 4 as a light dinner accompanied by a salad or 8 as an antipasto
Write a review
- 500 g pane casareccio
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 small scamorza
- EVOO q.b.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- On a cutting board, flat side down, slice the zucchini lengthwise into flat, thin slices.
- Toss slices with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- On a charcoal or gas grill or using a grill pan ("la bistecchiera"), grill the zucchini slices, about 2 minutes on each side, until wilted and slightly charred.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread into thick slices.
- Trim and slice the tomato and drizzle with oil and salt and pepper.
- Slice the scamorza.
- On each bread slice, layer the grilled zucchini, tomatoes, and scamorza.
- Set on a baking sheet and broil for about 5 minutes or until the scamorza is melted and slightly crusty and charred.
- Finish with a drizzle of oil and serve immediately, either whole or cut into smaller pieces.
- Buon appetito!
Welcome to Sulmona http://welcometosulmona.com/